Thursday, August 28, 2014

Confessions


My friends Maria and Sarah recently posted a Confessions post and I thought I'd jump on their bandwagon. Personally, I think if the three of us actually had a band and were touring the country in a station wagon, that would be pretty sweet.  But that's another topic.....

1. I love The Carpenters. I really, really do. Karen Carpenter's voice is so rich and velvety. One late night in college, my roomies and I made up a lip synced performance of Top of The World. It was both awful and hilarious.

2. I have a fear of crowded elevators. I just won't ride them if I deem one to be too full. I will gladly take the stairs in most cases. And I confess to secretly pushing the button to close the doors if I hear a big crowd coming and I'm already on the elevator. Does this make me a bad person?

3. I feel sad when there is no dessert in the house. I don't need a full-on decedent three layer chocolate cake (although yum). Just a piece of chocolate or a cookie will do. Currently I'm addicted to chocolate butter cookies from Aldi. They are sooooo good!

4. I do not like the Lord of the Rings movies. There. I said it. I've sat through all of them and wish I had all those hours of my life back. I know Tolkien was a genius writer, and I think the movies are visually pretty, but....I just can't do it. I say no to Frodo.

5. I've never broken a bone. Well, that I know of. I'm pretty sure I've broken (or fractured?) my pinky toes, but that's never been confirmed. My daughter Leah says she hopes she breaks a bone because she really wants to have all of her friends sign her cast. I keep telling her that's not a good goal.

6. I have been personally serenaded by Robert Goulet. He also gave me a rose. I was ten years old, and I was wearing a denim dress with a fancy lace collar.
Robert Goulet
Total Stud

7. I have lived in Oklahoma for almost 28 years and have never been directly hit by a tornado. I'm not trying to tempt fate though.

8. Currently scheduled to record in my DVR: Top Chef Duels, Project Runway, Manhattan, The First 48, and 19 Kids and Counting. It's an eclectic mix, I am well aware. Currently in Mike's DVR list: The Walking Dead, The Strain, The Last Ship, and Falling Skies. Our TV viewing is vastly different!

9. One of my weirdest quirks is that I cannot stand sharp or pointy things aimed at my eye. What this means is if I am sitting in bed reading and the corner of a nearby throw pillow is aimed at my eyeball, I will have to move the pillow or throw it on the ground. Or if one of the kids is trying to explain their recent drawing to me by shoving it in my face and the point of the paper is aimed at my eye, I will have to move the paper so that the point is facing a different direction.

10. When I load groceries from my cart onto the conveyor belt at the store check out, I like to put everything together in a logical, organized way. Sort of like putting a puzzle together. Cold things go together, canned goods go together, produce stays together, boxed items all line up in a row. When my kids come to the store with me and "help" unload the cart, they just throw everything on there all willy-nilly and I have to just bite my tongue and cringe inwardly at the complete disarray.

There.....ten strange or unusual confessions. Feel free to comment with some of your own confessions too! I will leave you with this lovely video of Miss Carpenter to brighten your day. I know you want to sing with her.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I love these!! Yay for Confession posts! I am also a grocery organizer and sometimes I think the checker appreciates it, since they naturally sort the stuff anyway. Much easier to put cold with cold when they're all grouped together on the belt! Of course, when I help bag, I throw it all in willy nilly and I see the checker cringe (She put dish soap in with grapes?!) I like the layout update, btw! Lookin' good!

Maria Rose said...

So awesome!!!
Jealous of Goulet!
I try and unload my groceries in logical packing order. Several heavy object and a few lighter, repeat.