Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Week Of School Interview

Today officially marks the first week of school for my kiddos. One week of getting up earlier than usual. One week of packing lunches and snacks and signing reading logs. One week of new schedules and routines and experiences.

So after school today, I decided to conduct an interview with each of my three children. I asked them the same ten questions about their take on the first week of school 2014-2015. Here's what they had to say.

Leah
8-20-14
1. What grade are you in this year and what school do you go to?
I'm in 4th grade at Deer Creek Elementary

2. What is your teacher's name?
Well, we rotate classes this year, but Mrs. Brown is my main teacher. Mrs. McMullen is math and science and Mrs. Johnson is social studies.

3. What are some of your favorite things about school this year?
I like science. I liked sharing our "about me" superhero masks that we made on the first day. And I like writing.

4. What is your favorite subject?
Hmmm.....hard to pick. Probably both reading and science.

5. Do you prefer bringing a lunch from home or getting a school lunch?
I like both!

6. What is your favorite thing to eat at lunch?
I like the meatball subs and veggie sticks at school.

7, What are you looking forward to this year?
Having Book Buddies!! [4th graders get to read with a kindergarten book buddy on Fridays]

8. What is your favorite specials class? [i.e. art, music, P.E., library]
Music first, then library

9. Name a few of your friends at school.
Hannah, Sophia, Justice, Summer, Georgette, and Gulnessa

10. What advice would you give to a third grader this year about 4th grade so far?
Beware of social studies!

Hannah
8-20-14
1. What grade are you in and what school do you go to?
I'm in 4th grade at Deer Creek Elementary School

2. What is your teacher's name?
Mrs. Brown

3. What are some of your favorite things about school this year?
Reading, playing outside, and hanging out with my friends.

4. What is your favorite subject?
Reading

5. Do you like bringing a lunch from home or getting a school lunch?
Bringing my lunch from home

6. What is your favorite thing to eat at lunch?
My favorite lunch would be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips, broccoli with ranch, Babybel cheese, and a chocolate chip cookie.

7. What are you looking forward to this year?
AR parties and Art Club! [AR stands for "Accelerated Reader" and is part of their reading program]

8. What is your favorite specials class?
Art

9. Name a few of your friends at school.
Sophia, Leah, Summer, Georgette

10. What advice would you give to a third grader this year about 4th grade so far?
Listen to your teacher!

Lucas
8-20-14
1. What grade are you in and what school do you go to?
Pre-K at Hannah and Leah's school [We obviously need to work on the name of his school!]

2. What is your teacher's name?
Mrs. Rashidzada but we call her Mrs. R

3. What are some of your favorite things about school this year?
Playing, going to the library and rest time

4. What is your favorite center?
I like both car center and play doh center

5. Do you like bringing your lunch from home or getting a school lunch?
Bringing lunch from home

6. What is your favorite thing to eat at lunch?
Peanut butter sandwich with apples and grapes. No chips because I think they might be turning my hair grey. 

7. What are you looking forward to this year?
To playing on the big playground!

8. What is your favorite specials class?
Library then music then P.E.

9. Name a few of your friends at school.
Marley, Jackson, Hughie and Ben

10. What advice would you give to a younger kid about Pre-K so far?
You should really play play doh in Pre-K!!



So there you have it. Deep thoughts about 4th grade and Pre-K!  I think I should ask them these questions again at the end of the year and see what if any changes they make in their answers!








1 comment:

affectioknit said...

What fun interviews!

~Have a lovely day!